Thursday, March 31, 2011

Nothing

These are days
When words are few
When my heart is breaking
And life is empty
When I'm floating alone
Lost in the void
When the razor beckons
But I lack the strength

I stare at the abyss
But dare not jump
Then I realize
I already have
And I'm falling
I'm floating
I'm dying alive
No thought for tomorrow
I just barely am
And what was
And what will be
Both so far away
I've only the moment
The stillness
That never ends

I wish for the dark
To see blackness and pain
I wish for the light
For hope and joy springing
For anything I wish
But this nothing
How long can I bear
The grey murky fog
Who knows? Who can?
Time has no meaning
Not in here

So, words come slowly
They mean nothing new
I'm only repeating
What was, and will be
For this is my life
This and the darkness
Oh Father, hear my words
Give me the darkness!
Give me something to feel
Pain or sorrow
Agony and despair
Guilt and shame
Anything but this
Anything but nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment