Thursday, January 23, 2014

Shall I?

Shall I live forever past,
Let old shadows their dark cast?
Shall I pass years child-young,
Let old demons curb my tongue?

Shall I scream and block my ears,
Let my eyes drip out old tears?
Shall I speak what once was said,
Let loves live that should be dead?

Shall I always close my eyes,
Let old falls forbid me rise?
Shall I lie here unconsoled
Let old faiths entrap my soul?

or

Shall I see what’s seen by few,
Let my dreams rise up anew?
Shall I rise to meet the sun,
Let my hopes their own way run?

Shall I open my heart wide,
Let those worthy come inside?
Shall I live for life itself,
Let old words stay on the shelf?

Shall I tear down my old fears,
Let rejoicing dry my tears?
Shall I live forever free,
Let myself be only me?

No comments:

Post a Comment