Tuesday, January 25, 2011

O Blade, O Blood

O Blade, I love thee.
O Blood, I desire thee.
Thou art precious to me
More precious thou art
Than that which shouldst
Be more precious than all.

More precious thou art
Than love, and Love
Time, and time again
Thou hast been so proven

More precious thou art
Than honesty, and honor
Thou providest a mask
To wear, and thereby lie

More precious thou art
Than Word, and God
Thou has usurped
Their place in my heart

O Blade, bind thou my heart
O Blood, chain thou me fast
I desire thy bondage
Thy power hast me in thrall
But not unwillingly.

Build thou thy walls
Leave no gate nor fault
Shut thou me off
From love and friend
Thou hast captured my soul

Thou, O Blade, slice and harm
Thou, O Blood, run down
Upon the ground.

Thou art my god
I have crowned thee
Master of my life

Hold thou my heart!
Let not God draw it
Let not love corrupt it

More precious thou art
Than beauty, and joy
Let thine shadows obscure
All that giveth peace
Flourish thou in thy darkness

O Blade, keep thou me fast
O Blood, hold thou my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment