Monday, August 19, 2013

I walked through the door
"Honey, I'm home"
I almost said

But that would have been silly
There's no one here
The fish didn't even wave his fins
(Hi Vol'jin)

And I wondered when
When will I open the door
And expect the silence?
When will I stop expecting
Love in this dark room?

Why am I so shocked in the first place?
Why does it hurt so much?
I've always been alone here
I've never walked through all three doors
And been greeted with anything except nothing

But today I walked in
And it hit me
That there is no one here to welcome me
No hugs
No "I missed you"
No kiss hello

Nothing here but me
And my stuff
I would trade all this stuff
For someone to love me
For someone to say hi when I return from work
For someone to miss me when I'm gone
For someone I can take care of
For someone to take care of me

I would give everything I have
For that

But right now I'm alone
Right now I cry tears that no one sees
Sobs that no one hears
No one to wipe them away
No one at all

No comments:

Post a Comment