Monday, March 10, 2014

I Found these Metered Words at Last

My mind has decided
My heart follows its call
I wish now to die
To stop living, forever, at all

My words beat all around me
Living ink spots the air round my head
Reminding me always that
Love and care worthless are

My heart it is empty
It is Nothing I hide
You love a bright mask
But nothing lives inside

I used to be full
I remember it well
Before the darkness
Stripped fullness away

It was not abuse
That emptied my soul
But your lack of belief
In whatever I was

The abuse of course helped
It whispered words in my ear
It proved I was worthless
A husk nobody could love

So I made up a mask
And I changed it at will
I made friends, made them laugh
They could not see my void

So what I have left
Is nothing at all
I am not, I love not
Never can, never will

No comments:

Post a Comment