Thursday, January 12, 2012

You Are Not Persecuted

Christians like to talk of persecution. And I will admit, in some places Christians do face loss or even death for their beliefs. But American Christians like to say how they were persecuted for their faith the other day...when someone looked at them crosswise for bowing their head in public. Or when they were being loudmouthed about how gay people are such horrible sinners and someone told them they ought to practice love. In fact, it seems to me that the majority of this "persecution" American Christians (and I'd like to clarify: not all American Christians act this way. Just a great many.) like to tell each other about, is merely people expecting Christians to act according to their calling. That is not the worst of it, however. These same Christians engage in persecution of anyone they deem a "sinner." They wish to force their religious beliefs on those homosexuals who wish to make the ultimate commitment to each other. They call us blind, twisted, unable to love or find peace. I think they are the blind ones. Never in my life was I persecuted for being a Christian. I was persecuted, while a Christian, by Christians, for being a cutter. I was persecuted for sleeping with my fiance (and by persecution I do not mean getting kicked out of school. That was right, as we did violate the rules. I am referring to the ostracizing that they enforced on me after that. And if you do not believe me, I've kept all the emails.). And I have been persecuted ever since I rejected Christianity, with sincere Christians calling for all other sincere Christians to pray for my death. In case you are missing the irony here, let me spell it out for you. Those who are supposed to be the harbingers of eternal life, are calling for me to die. So, I do not wish to hear about your "persecution" because someone said calling a homosexual a "perverted faggot" was not very loving. You have nothing of which to complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment