Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Not Everything Is Bad

I was reading some old posts the other morning, and I noticed something good. I'm not hidden any more. The face I show to the world is as much the real me as I am in the depths of my heart. I have nothing more to hide. All those things I once masked have become public knowledge, for good or ill. And while some would use those things against me, as I feared, I still think this a good thing.
Another good thing that has happened: I have little to no pain left. While nowadays I may find myself facing despair and emptiness, that is at least somewhat better than despair, emptiness, and constant pain. I no longer scream and bleed from emotions too painful for words. To be sure, the memories are still there, but they have faded; they may bring sorrow, but no longer do they bring pain.
Life is by no means a bed of roses now. But it is infinitely better than it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment