Saturday, February 18, 2012

To: feartodoubt. Love: Threnody

Hello there, feartodoubt. You mentioned finding my blog and reading it. I hope you find this. You may be searching for answers; at this point I don't care. I despise you. Why? Because you used my illness as a weapon against me. You turned my depression into an estimation of my worth. And that is not okay. That is not acceptable. Perhaps I was overconfident when I declared I had emerged from my depression. Or perhaps I just let myself hope too hard. Be that as it may..."it sounds to me as though you had lost"? Lost what? A struggle against depression? Perhaps. My battle against SI? Not yet, I haven't. Perhaps a better question would be, what is there to win? Is this a race, a contest? Is it even over yet? I would venture to say no. No, this is a war, and while yes, I did emerge triumphant from a years-long battle (however brief the armistice was), and also yes, I am now losing a months-long fight...no, this isn't the end. So please save your judgment of the worth of my arguments based on my disability for another time. That is to say, stop judging my arguments as an exChristian based on a mental illness I cannot control.

Thanks
~Threnody

No comments:

Post a Comment