Saturday, February 18, 2012

Sometimes I think Breaking Benjamin went poking around in my head for song material...

"Now the dark begins to rise
Save your breath, it's far from over
Leave the lost and dead behind
Now's your chance to run for cover

"I don't want to change the world
I just want to leave it colder
Light the fuse and burn it up
Take the path that leads to nowhere

All is lost again
But I'm not giving in

I will not bow, I will not break
I will shove the world away
I will not fall, I will not fade
I will take your breath away

Fall

Watch the end from dying eyes
Now the dark is taking over
Show me where forever dies
Take the fall and run to heaven

All is lost again
But I'm not giving in

I will not bow, I will not break
I will shove the world away
I will not fall, I will not fade
I will take your breath away

And I'll survive, paranoid
I have lost the will to change
And I'm not proud, cold-blooded, fake
I will shove the world away"
~I Will Not Bow

"Carry me to heaven's arms
Light the way and let me go
Take the time to take my breath
I will end where I began

Suddenly the lights go out
Let forever drag me down
I will fight for one last breath
I will fight until the end

Dear agony, just let go of me
Suffer slowly, is this the way it's go to be?
Don't bury me, faceless enemy
I'm so sorry, is this the way it's go to be, dear Agony?"
~Dear Agony

"It's hopeless, the end will come and wash it all away
Forsaken, I live for those I lost along the way
And I can't remember how it all began to pay
I suffer, I live to fight and die another day

Fast I fade away, it's almost over, hold on
Slow, I suffocate, I'm cold and broken alone"
~Fade Away

"Here I lie forever, sorrow still remains
Will the water pull me down and wash it all away?
Come and take me over, welcome to the game
Will the current drag me down and carry me away?
Suddenly the light begins to fade

Hopeless, I'm falling down
Filthy, I can't wake up
I cannot hold on, I will not let go
Worthless, it's over now
Guilty, there's no way out
I cannot hold on, I will not ago

Silent I go under, I am not afraid
I can see the daylight shine and slowly drift away
Safe to say it's over, sink into the grave
There is nothing left inside but I am wide awake
I can hear the devil call my name"
~Hopeless

(this one is a little different, in that I don't seem myself saying this, but others saying it to me)
"Take a breath, hold it in
Start a fight, you won't win
Had enough, let's begin
Never mind, I don't care

All in all, you're no good
You don't cry like you should
Let it go if you could
When love dies in the end

So I'll find what lies beneath your sick twisted smile
As I lay underneath your cold jaded eyes
Now you turn the tide on me 'cause you're so unkind
I will always be here for the rest of my life

Here we goes, does it hurt?
Say goodbye to this world
I will not be undone
Come to life, it gets worse

Don't carry me under
You're the devil in disguise
God sing for the hopeless
I'm the one you left behind"
~What Lies Beneath


No comments:

Post a Comment