Monday, January 21, 2013

B

So I was just listening to the soundtrack from Phantom of the Opera, and there's a bit with the Phantom saying, "if pride will let her [Christine] return to me, her teacher." And you know, normal people look at that and are like, um, it isn't pride keeping her away, idiot. It's common sense and her doing what is best for her because you're a nutcase.

But then I was thinking, that really seems very familiar. And then I thought of it! I had a friend who was like that. We broke off friendship with him (a few times, actually) because we had to do what was best for ourselves, and he was dragging us down, spiritually, emotionally, mentally, etc. But that was pretty much his response, nearly verbatim. It's interesting and crazy how different people view the same thing from different sides.

Of course, I am more like Christine than I want to be, because I attempted to do just that...return. It is all for the best though, trust me on that. This is someone who attempted to turn all my friends away from me, attempted to isolate and control me, who used manipulation and fear and domination to try to keep me on the path HE wanted for my life. All in all, he does sound very like the Phantom, doesn't he?

No comments:

Post a Comment