Monday, January 21, 2013

Something You Hope to Do in Your Life

There are so many things that I could put here, from the unlikely (I want to learn to sword-fight ) to the distant possibility (I want to go skydiving!) to the dream (I want to publish a book!) to the emotional (I want to be happy!) to the romantic (I want to fall in love!) to the scholastic (I want to get a college degree and maybe a doctorate!). Etc. And I think for today, I need a break from emotional, depressed thinking.

So, sword-fighting it is! Now, let me clarify. I'm not talking about fencing, which is fine for some people. And I'm not really talking about big old two-handed broadsword fighting, either. I want to learn something in between, maybe a style with two short swords or a sword and a dagger or even a sword and a shield. And along with that I want to learn sword dancing. The problem is I don't even know if sword dancing is a thing that exists outside my favorite fantasy books. Maybe if it isn't, I should invent it. But that would require the first thing, learning how to fight with a sword, or at least handle one somewhat competently. So, if anyone knows anybody who teaches sword fighting or dancing lessons in the Milwaukee or Madison area (where hopefully I will be eventually), let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment