Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Something You Hope You Never Have to Do

There aren't many things that spring to mind for this challenge. In fact, I am having trouble thinking of any. Hoping never to have to do something is about the same as fearing something, right? And for me...my fears for the most part have all come true. And it has kind of always been that way for me. In fact, if I start worrying about something, it's less in the sense of "I hope this doesn't happen" and more in the sense of "knowing my luck this is going to happen eventually so I best prepare for it." Some people call this pessimism, and I suppose they have a point. I call it realism. I do not exclude hope or think that only bad things are going to happen, but I do realize that in this completely fucked-up world we live in, bad things can and will happen. 

But for the purposes of this challenge, I should come up with something specific, something I hope I never have to do. Grrr. Literally everything that is coming to mind is something that I've already had to do. I guess I will have to modify it then, to "something I hope I never have to do again." I hope, indeed I pray to whatever gods might hear, that I never have to let a Love go again. I hope that if I ever find a Lover again, that Love lasts. Losing one Love is bad enough, but I've already lost two, and that is more than enough for any lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment