Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Dedicated to (A Friend)

A meeting of minds
A meeting of pains
And now what?

Did you come to me for hope?
I give you what I can
Can I ease your pain?
Tell me how

Do you need a shoulder to cry on?
Here's mine (sorry for the scars)
An ear to listen?
Mine are open wide

My friend
(can I call you such?)
I care for you
We are part of a family
A family of shared pain
We permit no judges here

Your creed or mine
It makes no difference here
Not when our souls
Share torment such as this

I have arms
To hold you
I have hands
To wipe away your tears

I can tell you
Everything will be okay
I don't know how
I don't know when
But it will

Life is all darkness now
Darkness and pain and blood
Whispers in the night
Strip us of hope

They lie.

Night is part of life
But so is day
Dawn is coming
The night won't last forever

Hang on, my friend
One day you won't need that blade
(I know you don't believe me)
One day you'll feel without pain

My friend
(for so you are)
Don't fear the dawn
It is coming
But until it does
We are family, bound by
Blood and pain...and hope

1 comment: