Friday, March 30, 2012

Pydredd


My name is Pydredd. That is not the name my mother gave me; indeed, I barely remember my mother. I remember my father, a harsh brute of a monster. I remember hearing him bellow and tensing for the beating that was sure to follow. But of my mother I recall very little beyond a faint suggestion of love and caring.

When the Lich King's control over me broke that fateful day at Light's Hope Chapel, I realized I had lost much more than just a breathing body; Arthas had so twisted my mind and memories that even without his whisperings I was a half-mad cow bent only on destruction. It was on that day that I took the name "Pydredd," meaning, in an old human tongue, "decay." For the Lich King's insidious work continues: my mind and my memories continue to falter, and even my body fights to return to its true state. But for now I live in defiance of all this, because for all the evil he wrought, Arthas gave me something much more valuable in return: Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment