Friday, March 23, 2012

My Father

In the process of going through an old journal today, I'm finding quite a few things I would like to publish. This particular poem would seem to support Christianity, for it is the heart-cry of daughter to Father...but it doesn't, for it is a heart-cry that went unheeded, an anguished prayer that went unanswered.  For these reasons (among others) I forsook this false Father.

My Father
I call you
My Abba
I call you
Savior God

Oh Father
Be with me
Be near me
Don't leave me
Don't hurt me

My Father
I'll trust you
You help me
I'll love you
You help me

Oh Father
Be my strength
Be my rock
Don't wound me
Don't betray me

My Father
You love me
I have sinned
You love me
I am weak

Oh Father
Be faithful
Be holy
Don't destroy me
Don't break me

My Father
I need you
You are mine
I fail you
You are mine

Oh Father
Be fearful
Be the Lord
Don't fail me
Don't hate me

My father
I'm broken
Forgive me
I'm sinful
Forgive me

No comments:

Post a Comment