Friday, March 23, 2012

For

for the peace within my soul
for the fears within my heart
for the hurt that breaks me whole
for the end of every start

for the blood that flows so free
for the ink that lingers on
for the shame of what is me
for the birdling stripped of song

for the loss of wasted dreams
for the wasting of lost words
for eternity it seems
for the sharp yet broken swords

for the groans of sleepless nights
for the years of writing pain
for the strain of pointless fights
for the price of staying sane

for the darkness deep and strong
for the fear that no one cares
for the tears that linger long
for defiance of your stares

for the mask I take again
for the sunshine I once bore
for the lies, both now and then
for the chains that bind once more

for the lies I once believed
for the years of formless guilt
for once having been deceived
for the blood that once was spilt

for the hopelessness of hope
for the heavy dark to crack
for the only way to cope
for the pain of looking back

for lost friends and love and days
for forsaken promise made
for the price that friendship pays
for the pain to rest once laid

for all these I take the blade
for all these I seek release
for all these my choice was made
for all these I search for peace

No comments:

Post a Comment