Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Death

borrowed from a friend, and the basis of the poem "An Already Broken Heart"

A death
Of an already broken heart
I feel the flicker of a small flame
And convince myself that everything will be okay
What a lie!!

The flame is bigger than before
I had to go and open a door
Keys in my pocket
And a torn picture in a tarnished locket

I am done
I have let the darkness in
And Let the fear reside in my already tormented heart

I am falling apart
Falling to my knees
But if I hit the ground
All it means is that I failed
Failed again…

Happily ever after
I refuse to chase
I can’t smile, or be drenched in laughter
I am hiding behind a cement face

I can’t let you see me cry
Can’t let you know I am about to die
Exaggerated smiles can’t save me now

The flicker is now a forest fire
Burning all of me down
The smoke enters in my lungs
And I just lay there letting myself drown

I am so done
The battle was won
The war is far from over though
So now I lay here refusing to go
Wishing and pleading to just not know

Who am I?
Who are you?
Time to fly
But my wings are glued

A death
Of an already broken heart
The end of one more breathe
And the ability to restart

Why don’t I just take your hand?
And let you help me
I know I can’t do this on my own
I am blind, and can not see


A death
A final breath
A final beat
My broken heart
Now ceases to be

No comments:

Post a Comment