Sunday, January 24, 2010

Peaceful, Trusting

Peaceful
Trusting...
For my life,
Unreal.
It is only the fool
Who trusts
After his heart has been
Broken
Time and time again.
Some people deserve
To be trusted.
Many others
Not so much.
And I'd rather
Not trust the ones I can
(Like God?)
Than trust the others
And just get my heart
Broken.
Again.
As for peaceful, well...
That kinda goes with
Trusting.
So instead, I have
A little less peace
A little less trusand a heart
Unbroken.

No more tears!
I've done my time.
I'm winter, ice cold.
I am iron, stone.
Let nothing touch me
Let nothing break my heart.
I've picked up
The pieces
Too many times
And tried to move on.
No more.

I can hear you.
You're saying,
"But often it has been
Your own hand
That did the breaking
Your own actions
That shattered your life."
Yes.
You're right.
I did.
It hurts no less.
And that has
Nothing to do with
Trust.
But a lot to do
With iron.
Let my heart
Stay firm.

And if others
Try to push past
The stone wall...
Well, let them push.
They won't get far.

No comments:

Post a Comment