Friday, January 22, 2010

Epic Fail?

Epic fail, you know
Yet what is failure but a chance to grow?
It feels like the end
But this is when God chooses love to send

A choice is made,
That choice, a blade
At such high cost
That all seems lost
"God can not forgive
The life you live"
Is a whisper in my ear
I listen, and drop one tear
One tear for my life
All the struggle and strife

But as that one tear down my cheek starts to slide
I hear a small voice from deep down inside
"I bought you, you're wrapped in my arms
I've promised to keep you safe from all harm.
It does not matter what else you do
My love still depends on me, not on you."
Then many tears start to fall to the ground
As the peace of his arms did me surround.
I would like to say from that moment to this
My life has been all love, joy and bliss
But that wouldn't be true, as I think we all know
I still have bad days, and growth is, well, slow.
But that battle has ended, the enemy slain
Although I've no doubt he will rise once again
But I have hope, peace, and love freely sent down
From my Father above, and if I'm not found
Well, that's not his fault, that's my choice, you see
Because my God, my Savior, is never far from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment