Friday, January 22, 2010

Sunshine Mask

What do you see
As you're looking at me?
Depends on who you are, I'd say
Because to everyone I look a different way
But everyone's seen the Sunshine Mask

He said, look at you!
I understand what you do
But the parents won't too
So I'm banning you
But the week before
I'd talked to him more
And he'd only see the Sunshine Mask

She said, you're a child of light
But your darkness I can't fight
So how about you leave me be
Before your darkness spreads to me
So the end's like the start
She don't wanna see my heart
So...she can see the Sunshine Mask

He said, I know you better than some
And I see how far you've come
I've watched you start to grow
It's starting to show
You're a child of light
You need to show the right
Is he seeing the Sunshine Mask?

He said, I love you, you know
To me your darkness you can show
I'll never run and hide
If your heart lets me inside
But I've seen his darkness too
And I know what both together can do
Does he need to see the Sunshine Mask?

It's a mask
Need you ask?
It shows light
It's not right
Let it hide
What's inside
Shine the light
Fight the fight
Do what's right
Show the right

That's not real
What you feel
Hide the dark
Show a spark
Make it seem
Like you're clean

It's not me
Don't you see?
Need you ask?
It's the Sunshine Mask!

No comments:

Post a Comment