Friday, January 22, 2010

Fallen Angel


I used to be
An angel.
Don't laugh!
I've fallen far.
I used to have
Wings.
White as snow
And six feet across
And beautiful.
I used to soar
Across the heavens
Hand in hand
With the other
Angels
And with
God.
God is beautiful.
But then I
Looked away from
His face.
I said, there is
Something else.
Something...
Better.
More beautiful.
He warned me.
He said child
Don't go there.
I knew better.
So I flew high.
Higher than the other
Angels.
I soared higher
I touched God's face.
God is beautiful.
But I reacher higher
And God said
There is none higher.
And God clipped
My wings.
My snow white wings.
And I tumbled down
Down past the other
Angels
Down further even
I fell...forever.
Until God said
Stop!
And I landed.
And I looked.
And I saw
Darkness.
And God said
You could have been
Beautiful.
But now you'll never
See beauty again.

I used to have
Wings.
I used to be
An angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment